Tuesday, January 13, 2009

From the dashboard



Driving out here is quite an experience. All I can say is that everyday, I clinch my teeth and pump the invisible brake more than Mom ever does when I drive!

And crossing the street is scary. In a city where there aren't many stop lights, but two times the traffic of Chicago and New York combined, people have the nerve to exceed the speed limit!

So you'd get an idea of the heat out here, notice the crack in the window. One of the drivers, George Kagondu, tells me that if you leave your windows rolled all the way up during the hot seasons, things like that can happen.


And I have a new respect for Nairobi street vendors. Around here, they don't sell just newspapers or fruit or the occasional bunch of socks we Chicagoans see on the sidelines of the Dan Ryan Expressway. While out on assignment, we saw someone selling birds...true hustlers!

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment