Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Getting my feet wet

Day two was a bit slow. I stayed in the newsroom and researched story ideas. After a long day of internetting and phoning, I came up with 6 very solid business news ideas!

But for most of the day, I really did feel like, at the risk of clicheing, a 'fish out of water.' It was difficult for me to find contacts and even dial phone numbers. Yet it was all worth wile when, at the end of the day, I joined a few staff in the cafe and we just sat, sipped tea and talked. They had many questions about Americans, but more about black Americans and our popular culture.

It was a little hard to explain how our popular culture that's displayed on television is not necessarily how we are in reality, and how for the majority, it's just entertainment. Very few Americans have the lifestyle depicted in popular culture.

I left work wanting to go back the next day. That's how I want it to be every day.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment